Friday, June 13, 2008

Show night


Last night I had a show....down in Racine. When I go there, it wasn't raining, when I left it wasn't raining. Although, I did get to see a wonderful light show all thanks to the lightening. It really is beautiful out in the country. Anyways, I get on the on ramp from Ryan Rd. and am instantly surrounded by semi's. No big deal, I keep trekking along. Then all of a sudden it just down pours. I seriously cannot see 2 inches in front of the van, let alone drive in this! So I instantly think that I need to pull over, since that is what all the semi's are doing. Then I think, there is no way I am pulling over, because if I cannot see 2 inches, neither can anyone else. And the chances of me getting slammed into on the side of the freeway are pretty likely. So I see the Rawson exit, and I get off. Called Raul and told him that I was going to be a little later than planned. I never got that expression "I just froze" but I do now. My legs were seriously frozen stiff, and it was all I had in me to get me onto 27th St, and calm down. So the rain is still coming down pretty good, but I am driving slower with no threat of semi's. Since it is still pouring, I am seriously thinking of stopping at Mel's house as it was on the way, and just waiting out the heaviest rain. I didn't even make it close to Mel's house because as soon as the thought entered into my head, I noticed that my van kept pulling to the right. I looked outside to see if the wind was picking up, but nothing...sooooooo, I pulled into the Chancery parking lot, jumped out, and sure as shit, I had a flat tire! KARMA! I say Karma, because you see the show that I did was a show that I rescheduled from Sunday...when it was nice outside. I was just too chicken to go and do it with all the threats of tornadoes that day. So then I called Raul, he came out...(what a great guy!) and fixed my tire. And this is what he pulled out.....

UNBELIEVABLE! And we got home around midnight. Did I mention that I had a $700 show? With 2 bookings? Always gotta look at the bright side. Right?

No comments: